Ya’ll have probably gathered this by now, but I am a total beauty [gadget] junkie! I have the darn-dest time cream contouring my face and I found the BEST tool that now makes it possible! Clarisonic recently came out with the Sonic Foundation Brush Head and I just HAD to get my hands/face on it!
I’ve had the Clarisonic Mia 1 Cleansing System for two years now and it is an absolute must for exfoliating and getting the gunk out of my pores. When they came out with this foundation brush attachment, I had to test it out! Even though I much prefer a damp makeup sponge to apply foundation … this intrigued me! Plus, I wondered how the heck a vibrating foundation brush can make any type of difference in makeup application.
What really sold me on me this: I heard how amazing it was at blending out cream contour! For the LIFE of ME, I cannot get cream contouring to work on my face. It never blends out (with a brush or sponge), looks muddy, and ends up making the foundation underneath disappear – ughhhh!
SO, I have tested this out both ways – with foundation and cream contour! Read on to get all the “Sweet Deets!”
Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush Head
What is it?
A foundation brush head that attaches to the following Clarisonic devices: Mia 1, Mia 2, Mia FIT, and Smart Profile.
This brush head utilizes patented oscillation technology to generate more than 18,000 micro-blends per minute. The makeup brush gently provides a flawless, full foundation coverage look in 60 seconds or less. Equipped with anti-microbial and nonporous bristles, it is easy to clean and ensures minimal formula absorption into your brush head.
Where to get it & How much does it Cost?
I got mine at Ulta, but you can also get it directly from Clarisonic. It costs $35. Obviously much more expensive than your typical foundation application tools. I mostly buy dupes for high-end makeup brushes, so this was a splurge!
What are the Benefits?
Benefits of the Clarisonic Foundation Brush Head stated by Clarisonic:
- Applies your favorite liquid or stick foundation in under a minute
- Delivers an airbrushed makeup look
- Effortlessly applies foundation in hard to reach areas allowing for seamless application
- Works well with BB/CC cream concealer, color correcting primer, liquid highlighter, and contour product
- Covers imperfections such as blemishes and acne scars better than hands
- Uses less foundation with minimal formula absorption from the makeup brush**
- Works for all skin types
How to use it for Foundation Application? With my Opinions …
- Blends nicely and evenly;
- … I seriously can’t think of any more Pros than that!
*Disclaimer: I’m not really a fan of applying foundation with a brush, so that plays a big factor into my Pros and Cons.
- Must distribute foundation across face first before going in with the brush attachment;
- Took longer than the advertised 60 seconds;
- Really tickles around the sinuses;
- Dries out the foundation (whereas a sponge adds some moisture);
How to use it for Cream Contour Application? With my Opinions …
- Blends out cream contour flawlessly.
- Effortless cream contour application;
- Also perfect for cream blush application;
- Hard to blend nose contour.
- …that’s it!
I’m not kidding when I say that I could never blend out cream contour before this tool. It was impossible for me. If you have the same issue, you will not be disappointed by the Clarisonic Foundation Brush Head!
Is it Sweet Inspo Approved?
I would have to say yes! BUT (there’s always a “but” with me..), I foresee myself only using this for cream contour here on out. I didn’t love it for foundation, but that’s because I’m not a brush fan period. Even though I don’t cream contour on even a weekly basis, it is nice to have this in my arsenal!
Want to get a Clarisonic Set for FREE with this foundation brush attachment?
Giveaway | Register to Win this Clarisonic Set!
Follow the link attached to the picture or CLICK HERE to register to win this full set worth $204! Ends November 6, 2017!
What do you think?! Is the Clarisonic Foundation Brush Head something you would like to have on hand? Let me know if the comments below!
SHOP THIS POST:
FTC: This post is not sponsored. There are affiliate links within this post. I have purchased this product with my own money and my opinions are 100% my own.